Registering in the Municipality

  • Wat is het?

    If you move from abroad to Eersel or will be staying in the Netherlands for at least 4 months in a period of 6 months, then you must register with the municipality in person within 5 days of arriving.

    Go to the municipality within 5 days of arriving. If you have a partner and children, they must also be registered and they should accompany you. You will then be registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP).

  • Contact

    Registering at the municipality for expats

    All Expats in Eersel may use the Expat Center Eindhoven personally or via their employer to arrange the government formalities such as getting a residence permit or to register at the municipality.

    For more information please go to

    To view the expat guide issued by the Holland expat center please go to

    This guide offers a lot of practical  information for expats, but can also be useful for other foreigners

  • What should I bring?

    • A valid ID/Passport for each person who is eligible to be registered
    • Where applicable: the rental or purchase agreement for your home in the Netherlands
    • Original documents of legal facts concerning family and persons law that have been issued abroad (e.g. birth certificates for yourself and your children, marriage and divorce certificate(s))

    Foreign documents must be authenticated. There are some exceptions; further information can be found on the website of the central government (Rijksoverheid in Dutch).

    You may be asked to provide additional information and documental evidence:

    • When you are going to be living with somebody
    • Permission from any main occupant with whom you will be living

    If you come from  Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius of Sint Maarten you need a certificate of deregistration from the population register

  • How long will it take?

    The municipality will register you within 5 to 10 days