The municipality records important life events in the civil registry. If you need to prove a birth, decease, marriage, divorce or partner registration, you need a copy or extract from the civil registry.

What should I bring?

Digital request

If you possess an eIDAS, you can fill in the digital form.

Personal request

You retrieve the copy or extract yourself at the municipality. Make sure to bring a valid identity document, such as a passport, Dutch  drivers license or identity card).

Authorizing someone else

It is possible that you give someone else the authority to retrieve a copy or extract civil status from the municipality for you. To do this you need to write a letter stating that you give someone the authority to do this. Also state the reason for your request. The letter must be signed by you and that person you want to give authority to. The authorized person needs to bring this letter to the municipality, together with his or her identification and a copy of your identification.

Written request

For a written request you send a letter to the municipality with the reason for your request. You have to sign the letter and send it together with a copy of your valid identification.

How does it work?

You request a copy or extract of civil status at the municipality where the certificate initially is made. Clearly indicate on your request why you need the extract or copy. It is also possible to request an international version.

How long will it take?

With a personal request, you will receive the extract immediately. This is also the case if you have authorized someone. With a digital or written request, it will take longer before you receive the extract.

What are the costs?

Extract and certificate of civil status (eIDAS): € 13,20

The municipality Eersel works with eIDAS: the European electronic identification and trust services. For more information on eIDAS.

Heeft deze informatie je geholpen?